Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 8 - Relaxation

22, Oct 2011
Day 8
Relaxation

Initial Impressions: Lots of ruckus with the children playing in the park, though they are all in early enough.  It's nice out today.

Today I didn't do a damn thing.  I slept till 8, and then was grumpy for getting up early and went back to bed. Slept till 1. And then was tired for having slept too much (haha).  After that I got up and cleaned my room and did some homework.  I worked on homework for my classes at NMSU (online) and almost had a mini-heart attack when the site where I have my online books informs me "We're sorry, our site does not offer services in your country at this time".  All I could think was "CRAAAAAAAAAAAAP. How the hell am I supposed to finish my damn classes? Can I still get an incomplete? What the hell do I do?!?!?!?! EEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" *brain shuts off*.  While I'm in the midst of full blown panic I pause and think... wait, I'm not trying to BUY crap, I'm just trying to read what I've bought.... and then check my 'account' where Ta-Da! The books are located. So now I can finish classes with no problems.. other than that one book I needed for discussions that I left at home... >.>

Well after doing enough homework that I was starting to try to figure out what my poor handwriting was saying in Spanish, despite it being English I decided I was going to spend the next 5 hours playing video games. Yup, that's right. 5+ hours.  I've spent all week working, walking, moving, exploring and getting lost. As pretty was today was, I still have all of tomorrow to explore, and the next 6 weeks. Unfortunately I won't have any 'new' photos today, mostly because I also haven't changed out of my pj's (lol)... But I've shared with you some of my favorites of my dogs. I've told the whole world I was a complete and utter bum today. I did go down stairs - See! I left my room at least once so far to eat lunch AND I will even go down stairs tonight to make dinner, but probably not for another hour so I can decide if I want to cook, or just boil water for soup. Lol.

Doglets!!!!
<3
Tonka
Hemi

Digger
I really missed my dogs today, especially since on the days back home when I would sit around in my pj's all day and only leave the house to drive to get dinner I would be snuggled up with my little guys and we'd go out to stretch and the car ride. It was our once a week Monday tradition.  I have to keep reminding myself its only 6 more weeks till I can get my doggies back, which makes me really sad because I am enjoying it here, and honestly could see myself living here - but also because then I have all the stresses of normal life back home. Moving to Las Cruces, making my class schedule, getting a job... finishing school. Ugh... here... Yes I have class... and I don't speak the language very well, the traffic is terrible, the subway is over crowded, and there are millions of people... BUT despite that it seems... slower paced.  It seems like everyone just takes it as it comes, and doesn't have to worry too much about over analyzing and planning - compared to my having to figure out if I can move before school starts, jugging money and bills, finding housing - and constantly weighing the pro's and con's of every single decision.  I don't like that feeling, and it is a massive sense of freedom that I am feeling here.  Honestly, it is probably a good thing my mom has my dogs or I might be tempted to seriously just stay here and work at getting my degree with the CEPE program.  I do miss my family, and that would be very hard for me to not see them, especially for holidays.  I miss my adorable little nephew, my sisters and brothers. My family and my job, though mostly because it gives me something to do on the days I have nothing else going on.  Ah well, it is only the first week who knows, maybe I'll get even more home sick as time passes, or fall even further in love with the city.


On that note I'm going back to relaxing - maybe watch some movies online tonight with some popcorn and lights off!! (see that's where I need my dogs to cuddle with!!!)

2 comments:

  1. Rachael

    Hey, I'm not sure if you still needed this. You can change the language of the browser with these tips. I think having to decipher the language would make the experience more enjoyable, but just in case: Have fun.

    There have been complaints of people whose mother tongue is, for example, English, but is living in a foreign country, eg. Japan. When they log into their Blogger Dashboard, it is all in that foreign language and they have problems understanding it. For such cases, it is easy to change the language even if you are living in a foreign country. Sign into Dashboard, then at the top right hand corner of the Dashboard is this:



    Right at the bottom is a section "Language" with a drop-down menu. Click the down arrow and a long lists of available languages will be shown. Selectg your preferred language and your preferred language will automatically be saved.

    Amazon products for languages

    There is also another setting you can do. In the Dashboard, for the relevant blog, click SETTINGS, then click the FORMATTING sub-tab. Somewhere in the middle of the page will be a drop-down menu to set the language for the blog:



    Click the down arrow and select your preferred language. Then at the bottom of the page, click "Save settings".

    Amazon products

    If that still didn't get the effect you want, you may have to change the language option of your browser.

    For FireFox, in the menu bar at the top of the browser, click TOOLS > OPTIONS and in the pop up, click the "Advanced" tab . Then in the "Languages" section, click "Chose":



    In the second section which is a drop-down menu for "Select a language to add...", click the down arrow and select your preferred language. Once you select the language, the "Add" button will become active. Click that. The rest, I have never tried because I have no need to change the preferred language of my browser, and you are on your own from there.

    BTW, if you are like the majority of surfers who only have Internet Explorer, you should seriously consider getting the FireFox browser. I would highly recommend it, and if you go to FireFox with Google toolbar, you will see a screenshot of a section of a page from Blogger Help where Blogger recommend Firefox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I have both Firefox and Chrome, I don't use Explorer at all. The language had been an issue. My Google translator went down and I was having to spend forever translating things. With this I can change any settings for the pages that contain stuff like my NMSU classes back to English so I can focus on class, not on translating! :D

    ReplyDelete